Do you have an interesting story, article, photo, or video that you would like to see published on Mysterious Heartland?
What we are looking for:
- In general, anything pertaining to the unusual or mysterious in the American heartland.
- True crime/unsolved murders.
- Disappearances/missing persons.
- Missing/buried treasure.
- True personal stories about encounters with ghosts, unusual creatures, or UFOs.
- Photos or video of ghosts (no orbs please), UFOs, strange creatures, or abandoned places.
- Book or movie reviews (books and movies should pertain to the general topic of this website).
Guidelines. Following these simple guidelines will increase your chances of being published (you will also be loved by our editor). Write in full sentences and include plenty of details (where, when, what, etc.). Plagiarism will not be tolerated – if you are caught plagiarizing, your content will be removed and no further submissions will be accepted. Please limit your article to 800 words or less and send pictures if you have them.
- Attach your story or article to your email as a Microsoft Word or text document.
- Begin each paragraph on a new line (‘hard return’) rather than by using the Tab key.
- Use only one space between sentences.
- Punctuation almost always appears inside quotation marks. For example: “Duck!” “Are you going to the store?” “Bill caught the ball, not Joe.”
- Dates should be formatted like this: January 1, 2012
- Use an Oxford comma in your lists. For example: He bought eggs, bacon, and sausage.
- For time, use lowercase a.m. and p.m. and use periods. For example: 3:15 a.m.
- Do not use periods for acronyms over two letters. For example: FBI not F.B.I.
Send your stories/ideas/tips to: email@example.com